Arctic Surge to Bring the Cold!
While it is early in the season for this type of weather, forecasters anticipate that the mid and latter parts of this week will bring frigid temperatures throughout the Northeast. Lengthy periods of sub-freezing temperatures mean an increased potential for frozen and burst pipes.
Here are a few tips to help safeguard your customers against frozen pipes:
- Drain and shut off all outside spigots.
- Leave the heat up! Set the thermostat and leave it set to the same temperature day and night.
- Open the kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warm air to circulate around plumbing.
- If you have an attached garage, keep the doors shut. Wind and cold air drafts increase the likelihood of a frozen pipe.
- If you are going away, shut off the water supply line to your washing machine.